- I seem to get myself into these little mis-adventures when I go do things on my own. For example, NEVER add water to melted chocolate when you are making brownies because it WILL make it go all hard and lumpy instantly and your brownies will turn out all fluffy and dry instead of dense and moist. I don't know why this is, it seems to be some strange scientific chemical reaction with the fat and water, but addig this step to baking is fatal...for the brownies I mean.
- When I was little, I was a total tomboy. I wasn't into Barbie like the other girls in my class and would cry and throw a fit when my mother tried to get me into a dress to go to a wedding. I absolutely hated the way wearing a dress felt with my legs. In fact, my mom still teases me about it because I am the biggest girly-girl ever now with all the pink I wear! Guess I'm making up for all the years lost!
- I have a low caffeine tolerancy. When I first started drinking coffee, I bought it from the cafeteria after lunch. I would then proceed to go completely bonkers to the point at which other people were noticing the change in me. I would get the shakes, talk really really fast, act hyperactive, and even my lips started to vibrate uncontrollably. Luckily, since then I have grown somewhat immune to the effects of caffeine and I can barely feel it...just have to be carefull not to drink it on an empty stomach!
- Every fish I have ever owned has died in under two weeks. My first fish only lasted about 2 days. Fortunately, the pet store has a policy in which if you fish dies within a week of bringing it home, you can come back and get a free fish. Well, I liked the beta fish, so I got a second one after Beta fish number one (Juicy) died, thinking it was just a fluke. It turns out, however, that I have some sort of fish curse. The next one lasted about 4 days I think. Poor little guy was found floating on the top of his tank with his glassy eyes open. Never one to give up quickly, I stuck Gucci into a zip-lock bag and stuck him in the fridge so I could bring him back for another. I scrubbed down the tank and let my third fish in. I researched a ton before hand and did everything right. I thought this one would make it! A week later, still alive! But of course shortly after that he (I don't even remember his name...some sort of designer handbag?) made the journey to fishy heaven. There. Now you know. Don't hate me for it!
- I like to eat most of my food cold. If I made something the night before, I most look forward to eating the leftovers the next day straight from the fridge without heating it up. My favourites to eat cold are pizza (classic), vegetable lasagna, pasta, perogies, mashed potato, soy chicken, and tofu stir-fry (obviously, I don't eat meat).
- As much as I would love to be good at skiing, it secretly terrifies me. I had a very bad skiing experience in grade seven when I was on my first skiing trip with school. They started us off with a skill test to see which hills we could go on. I weaved through the obsticles and made this amazing stop in front of the instructer. Of course, it was completely accidental but I got my sticker. I still couldn't go on the red labled hills. Later on, there was a re-test to try to get the red sticker. A bunch of skiers and myself followed the lady onto a very steep hill. I was kind of freaking out at the sheer steepness of it and I was having trouble controlling my turns and stopping. I feel the need to tell you right now that I was very very small back then and it might have been that I was too light or something. Anyway, I kept wiping out due to the fact that I couldn't stop my skis no matter how much I angled them inward. Soon enough, I got seperated from the group on a big hill and narrowly avoided crashing into a tree. So there I was. Stuck in a snow bank all alone with no way of getting down the hill on my own. Fortunately, one of my friends came down the hill and spotted me. She laughed when I told her my story and helped me down the hill to safety. Needless to say, I spent the rest of the day on the Bunny Hill.
I was tagged by Canadian Preppy
1. Link the person who tagged you in your post
2. List the rules in the post
3. List 6 quirky things about you
4.Tag 6 other bloggers by linking to them
5.Leave a comment on each person's blog telling them you tagged them.