Saturday, March 22, 2008

Happy Easter...?

Easter is one of my favourite holidays. I love the pastel colours of Easter and bunnies are my favourite animal. Spring is full of new beginings and of course there is the Christian aspect to it as well. Today we celebrated Easter on Saturday which consisted of my brother and sister coming over to visit and eat large amounts of turkey, mashed potatoes, peas, corn, and pumpkin pie. I, of course, ate imitation chicken strips (I am a vegetarian) which were very good, although my family tried them and thought them quite bland.

Today wasn't all happy though. I got a call from my dad this morning. His cat Max unexpectedly passed away this morning. It took us all by surprise. He was the must adorable and unique cat and we will all miss him terribly, as will his brother Biscuit to whom he was very close. The most heartbreaking part of it is that those two brothers always slept to gether and played and I don't know how Biscuit is going to go on without his brother. I feel badly for my dad too because he lives alone, apart from my brother living with him and those two cats were his pride and joy. Max was a member of the family and I feel a big empty hole inside of me already, even though I only saw him on the weekends. Nobody could have seen it coming either. He was a young cat and healthy. My dad told me on the phone yesturday that Max seemed to have a sore paw and was crying a lot, making weird noises and limping. We all thought that he had just bruised his toe or something, since they like to go in the cubbords sometimes and my dad commented that a jar of tomato sauce may have fallen over on his paw. But this morning he told me that he later looked into Max's eyes last night and one looked full of blood. He took him to the vet this morning and they told him that Max had a blood clot and would have to put down :( . It was sort of like a cat stroke. He took Max's body home and showed it to Biscuit so he would know what happened before burying him in the backyard on top of "his" Jeopardy box (he always lied on this Jeopardy board game box, so much that it sunk in in the middle and was cat shaped). I can't believe he is gone just like that. I thought he had a long and happy life ahead of him. RIP Maxwell Smart Nixon. :'(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.