Thursday, January 22, 2009

Let's Bring in the New Year!

So, my computer has been contaminated by another Trojan...whatever that is...but I just had to post something! I have so much to say! So many blogs to read! So much fashion!


But before I get to that...I have some exciting news! Since the new semester is starting, I can tell you that I took co-op! For those of you that don't know, it's like finding an apprenticship. For the last two periods, I will be working at Milli Fashions for Women! This is very exciting for me, as I hope one day to be a fashion designer. I love sewing, am a talented artist (if I can toot my own horn), and am completely obsessed with fashion. This is the first time my school's co-op department has placed someone at Milli as well. I still need to go in for an interview (more on that later) but I have a good feeling about this! Milli Fashions is supposedly the most high-end boutique in the entire city! Almost everything in there is at least $1000. And they have sewing in the back, so hopefully I can polish up my skills while being in a place of such wonderful fashion goodness! And maybe I'll get a discount ;)

So here's a preview of some of my favourite trends fresh from the runway for spring!

cute cardigans, a little safari, and sweet spring colours from Milly (no connection to my Co-op unfortunately)


"Milly" herself! How J.Crew does she look?


Burberry goes grey


Lavin lucious dresses


Chanel never fails! Black and White is soo now! (but isn't it always?)


D&G? Can you say Nautical? (Nautical. Very good!)


Marc By Marc Jacobs



Marc Jacobs


Gucci


Lacoste



Moschino showed some stunning jewel tone dresses, featuring bows, ruffles, and rosettes

Whew! What a long post! But I just couldn't resist the eye candy!

6 comments:

Lulu said...

Whew! Thank you girl!! What EYE CANDY that was! I am so excited to see all of the new lines for Spring. Milly is a GENIUS!

Hopsy said...

What a great post with loads of eye candy! I adore most of the Milly designs, she is always up my alley!

TG said...

Lovely election!!! I really like the Milly desings.

Little Bow Prep said...

Awesome picks and pics!

Congrats on the co-op! I wish I could sketch well.

Little Bow Prep said...

By the way, I've given you an award :)

Kate said...

Congrats on the co-op! That is so cool-I wish my high school had something like that

I love that everyone is going nautical!