Sunday, February 28, 2010

O Canada

It seems perfect to remind myself and others where I am from...especially as Crosby just scored the gold goal for Canada in the 2010 Olympic Winter Games in Vancouver, Canada. A close game between our worthy USA opponents, yes, but after all, it is our national sport...so no hard feelings, eh?

This is Classified's song "Oh Canada!"







(Oh Canada we stand on guard, for thee)
I told this guy where I was from
He said oh, Canada
Kinda laughs it off, real funny huh?
Yeah, uh, come on

(O Canada)
1-2, 1-2,
Mic check, 1-2, 1-2
Yeah
(O Canada)

Uh, yea
From the land of the lost
Trans-Canada crossed
Patriotic and a honour
With a hand on my heart

From the greatest of lakes
To the greenest of greens
To the rockiest mountains
And everything in between

O-o-o Canada
Oh you’re no fan of us?
Cause our movie and TV shows are so amateur?
Yeah, we laugh at off, that don’t really bother me
Look, we ain't serious unless you really gotta be

Humourous attitude like Kids in the Hall
Like Jim Carrey, Mike Myers,
Yeah we claiming them all

It's the great white north
Home of the funniest actors
The front of the joke
With an abundance of laughter

The red and white flag
Keep it high keep it visual
People see Canada and get stereotypical
Think we finish every sentence with buddy or bye
And if it ain't that it's either do, eh or guy
(Canadaka, eh?)
Yeah we consider it people
And smoking marijuana
We consider it legal

Still doing rap like the 1990’s
But that's how we like it
Off-timed and grimy!

I know where I'm from and I told ya before
North of America hard to ignore
Every time I go away I tell them for sure
I'm from Canada O-o-o Canada

(O Canada)
O Canada O-o-o Canada
(O canada)
I'm from Canada
O-o-o Canada

The class makes a sick beat, we call it a classic
The class makes a sick beat, we call it a classic
The class makes a sick beat, we call it a classic
The class makes a sick beat, we call it a classic

I've been around the globe and
Heard the confusion
Honestly a lot o'yall are ignorant and stupid

Yes, we have microwaves, TV's and cell phones
Unintelligent fuck, we invented the telephone!
We made Yahtzee
The light bulb, hockey
And bred the greatest players, Gretzky to Crosby
We all got at least one drinking buddy
And after one drink, all of us think we’re funny

Our national mascot’s a damn beaver
O Canada we love our beaver
Home O'Hell’s Angels the North-CMP
Home of Gordon Lightfoot and nasty TV

The underground rail road
Georges St. Pierre
Right here is where he calls home

Our health care system
Y'all know its free
Keep a girl banging with a full mouth of teeth
I wont even get into the music on the streets
They say hip hop is dead
Naw its up north with me
I could do this all day its a part of my routine
But supper’s almost done and tonight, poutine!

I know where I'm from and I told ya before
North of America hard to ignore
Every time I go away I tell them for sure
I'm from Canada o-o-o Canada
(I'm from the east coast of Canada)
O-o-o Canada
(I'm from the east east east coast)
Yo yo!
See I'm from Canada so sometimes the words come out of my mouth like this
Get used to it!

(O Canada, we stand on guard for thee)

---

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey! Nice Blog! :D <3

Have a great day! <3 :)

Hugss
Erica in Singapore! :)

Linda said...

Sorry..i've got a question.
how did you do the background from your blog??

Anonymous said...

自拍 脫衣秀 a片 成人 a片 3p自拍 3y3成人色色網 3級片 45av 45av光碟 4qk 4u成人 4u成人影片 50av 520sex 520sex脫衣秀 520免費視訊 520免費影片 520聊天室 5278cc免費影片 5278成人色論 5278免費 5278貼圖區 555免費影片 5s成人色論 666成人 666成人光 666貼圖 女優 全裸 69成人 69性愛姿勢 69情色貼圖 69聊天室 鹹濕 裸圖 火辣 6g成人色論 6k情色av聊天館 6k情色淫婦聊天館 6k聊天室 視訊 6k聊天館 爆乳 6k貼圖 6k貼圖爆乳聊天館 707聊天聯盟 72p影片網 735聊天室 77p2p

Anonymous said...

Hello,

I work with Random House (Knopf) and we are currently promoting a book entitled "True Prep." We'd like to send you and a select few "preppy" bloggers complimentary copies of the text - if you're interested! I could not locate your contact information on your blog, so you can e-mail me at lplocek@randomhouse.com for further details.

Best,

Lindsey Plocek

Unknown said...

Nice post and I like it. Thank you for sharing and I am looking forward on your next blog.


wholesale coogi